Sunday, March 27, 2011

And yes, my music tastes are as much of a schizoid as this post

Hey, It's Caroline! Last night, I decided I do too much of the same thing with my hair.  Since one of my possible future career choices would be to work as a hairdresser, I thought that I should really get playing around and figuring out new techniques.  

So I made a fauxhawk.

Fauxhawk [noun]= A hair style reminiscent of a mohawk, but without shaving the sides of one's head.

And I really like it.

I wanted to wear it today, but my hair wouldn't cooperate because I washed it this morning.  And clean hair is a bad hair day, in my opinion, because it's so soft and fly-away that it won't do what I ask.  

I managed to get one ok picture, and I always manage to put the camera in front of my face.  Sorry.


See?  It's funky.  And I would totally wear this in public.  I could do a more dramatic one, but I don't want to frighten my mama.  I'm not a punk, mom, I promise.  I got the idea for this from Gwen Stefani, because she has probably the coolest rockstar style ever.


Today's look was a complete 180.  I had a long reading for school (Paradise Lost) that I really needed to get done, and I promised myself I wouldn't do my makeup until I was done.  So at 2:30 in the afternoon, I put on my makeup, and did it in a sort of vintage, pin-up type way.  I just took these pictures a few minutes ago.  I got the hair idea from the movie Walk the Line, about Johnny Cash.  Reese Witherspoon looked so cute with this hair, which is incredibly simple.  She played June Carter and yes I did just go from Gwen Stefani to June Carter.







I took a cream color all over the lid up to the brow bone, and then I used an angled brush to "cut" the crease with a deep brown, and I winged it out.  I then put on black gel liner and winged it out also, and then used my Maybelline "Falsies" mascara to top it all off.  In the last picture, I had to airbrush around the eye because some of the mascara crumbled and left little black spots, and, well, that's just not very professional.  I love the mascara, even though it does leave "crumbs."  I just usually wipe under my eyes every once in a while.

I've started wearing very little foundation, and I've got some great tips on how to work up to being able to feel good about your skin without much, or any, makeup.  It's taken a while, but I've figured out how to get my skin clear and fresh so that I can go with or without.  It's so refreshing to be able to just throw on mascara and be done with it some days, though we all know I don't usually.  :)  I'll have that post up in a few days

Have a great Sunday!

5 comments:

  1. Sooo cute. I can't wait for you to do my hair at the EOTYG. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the hair, Caroline! ;) Can't wait for the post on clear skin (I really need help with that :P)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both hair dues!! :)
    So cute.

    Bethany :)

    ReplyDelete