Monday, March 28, 2011

The post in which I cover various subjects.

Alright, I'm just going to be honest. I hate writing. Even on a blog post, it reminds me too much of an essay. Most of the girls, as far as I know, on this blog, love to write. Me? No. I started to write a post about modesty, and the looks up for spring/summer. I got completely exasperated, and honestly, I still am. My writing is messy and scattered; and I greatly dislike fixing that problem when it isn't required. Don't get me wrong, writing is a fantastic thing. I mean, if you're going to have to deal with it throughout all of high school, college, and possibly in most of your career, you might as well like it. I just can't seem to make myself like it, which happens to be an annoying problem. So to conclude, I probably won't be writing huge posts that explain how I feel on certain subjects, though you're perfectly welcome to shoot an email to the dressingroomdoor@gmail.com addressed to me and we can talk, since I do love to clarify my position on various things.

As I was casually looking through the 'looks of the season' for American Eagle (found here) and the lookbook for Ruche (here), it dawned on me that most of these fashions are not something that I would wear. Crop tops, very short lengths in dresses, skirts, and shorts, lace and eyelet, low necklines, and bandeau showing tops are prevalent fashions this spring/summer. While layering with these things can be efficient in the winter, summer can be to warm for that. Because I could take this post many different ways, such as how those trends affect modesty in our culture, solutions to the problem, what the Bible says, and looks with immodest things, I'm actually just going to leave it right there and encourage you to think about it. There are many different Bible verses that can be extremely helpful, just be lazy and google it, or check out 1 Timothy 2: 9-10 for one example.
Some things I'm realllllly liking are high waisted shorts, crop tops over dresses, socks and knee highs, or anything vintage.
Here are a few things I've picked out from various stores and am considering seriously buying. :)

Savvy Journalist Polka Dot Black Dress
this dress is perfect. I want to wear it for a certain dance. . .
Cowgirl Mini Aztek Print
I want it so badly for this summer, but for one, I'm not sure it would be quite long enough, and 50$ is something I'm a bit reluctant to spend on a little skirt. ;)
Um. How could you NOT want that?!
Image 1 of ASOS Floral Embroidered Shirt Dress
I bet this is just about the prettiest thing.
so. perfect.
I know you're probably thinking...WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU WANT THAT? but here at my place, we have snow until April, and I WANT this.
does this need explaining?

Also: this blog is having an amazing giveaway, and you should go check it out. Bloggers support each other :)

3 comments:

  1. The polka dot dress is adorable. And the blazer. Go for them.

    I'd skip the skirt though. It looks about just as short as it is cute. :/
    Sadly same with the lace dress though I'm potentially in love with the design. But its 33'' long. The shortest I can wear is a 35'' and thats cutting it close. And I'm shorter than most...

    There you have my two cents worth. :)

    Oh and the shoes! Please get the shoes. You could definitely wear them well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all these! Especially the "nordic" jacket. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for featuring our Dreamsicle Dress! Cute blog.

    x.o. Mattie
    mattie@frockcandy.com

    ReplyDelete