Friday, April 8, 2011

Skin Routine Round Five (What normal people do)


OKAY! Let's get this over with, shall we? :) I am going to be posting on my skin routine! It is not very complex, but I'm going to share ALL my secrets!

First of all, my routine:
In the morning, I wash my face with warm water and use a cleanser. If my face is particularly dry, or needs moisturizer in a particular area, then I put my moisturizer there. (I do this in the shower, too.)
At night, I use hot water and a washcloth to open my pores. I then apply my cleanser. Probably 3 times a week I use a face mask, or scrub. I then put moisturizer on my face and neck and Vaseline on my eyelashes. I have naturally long and thick eyelashes, so unlike everyone else here, I'm not actually sure that the Vaseline is doing anything. However, if it works for the other chicitas on this blog, it probably is effective.

I use all organic products (on a normal everyday basis). The prices listed with these links are NOT what I paid for them, by the way, Walmart was less expensive...
Alba: Facial wash
Alba: Oil free moisturizer
Alba: Facial mask
(The body lotion doesn't have anything to do with my face...it's just in the picture.)
When I travel, I like to take these little lovelies with me. They are a travel size, and nice. Elizabeth talked about them in her post.

Several tips:
Drink WATER. I have a large container that is just the size I need to drink, and every day I fill it and put it on my desk with a glass. Believe me, once you do that, it will be the easiest thing in the world to finish!

Exercise. If you get your heart rate up for at least an hour every day, your skin will absolutely be clearer, and you'll feel better! I recommend exercising before breakfast, because it will set your metabolism for the day.

Don't stress. Thisssss is obvious. While I could list many things, I'm just going to put a simple Bible verse that has been quite an influence on my life the past couple of days. :)
"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you." (Isaiah 26:3)

Sleep. Yea...... I'M one to talk on the subject. Not. I feel like a hypocrite, however, I will continue. Surprisingly, the average teenage girl is supposed to get 8-12 hours of sleep. (Source: here, here.) On a good (and mostly normal) night I go to bed at 11:30 and wake up at 5:30. Summer vacation, please come soon.

Eat your VEGGIES! Like now. Diet is really important for over all health, and considering what you're putting into your body can realllllly pay off.


So, that's all I have to say! I'm off to read Frankenstein for a while... :)
Store love: Zara
Song love: Cameo Lover-Kimbra

Josie Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment