Monday, April 11, 2011

hair&film


Amidst all of these outfit posts, I am going to attempt to put in my 'hair routine'. Though I don't really worry about it that much.

I almost considered going into a 'tangent' about spending too much time on the internet, fashion, makeup, hair, and how it is all quite selfish. I reallllllly want to get into this, and I think it would be great for the other girls to explain their own positions on the matter, but I'm going to save that for another time. It has been something that I'm struggling with, and I really need to figure out my priorities. Meh.

So, I was saying, my hair routine is relatively simple. I'm seriously blessed with amazing hair...(Right, Justin Abens? haha) It is the blonde most people spend tons of money to get, long, curly, works and adapts to almost any hairstyle, looks good when I roll out of bed, and has volume. I feel slightly self-absorbed writing that about myself, but I didn't do anything. It was all God. But the point of that is I really don't spend that much time making my hair perfect. It doesn't bother me the way it is.


I have two different brands of shampoo and conditioner right now. The first is Noah's Naturals. It's an organic brand, and I really do love it. Every time I use this stuff, people comment on how good my hair smells. It's kind of funny.
The second is Organix. Someone recommended this brand to me, and all the different kinds smelled really good, so I tried it. I don't believe I will be buying it again, it just doesn't leave my hair feeling that moisturized. Otherwise, it's also organic.


I have a Tresemme Mousse. I don't use mousse in general that much, and I don't have a specific brand or kind that I love. This is what I have now and it works for me. I may try something different next time.
Next I have the Organix Split Ends Mender. I like it, it smells good, and it makes my hair feel soft and healthy.
Herbal Essences is another hair brand I do like. I used their hairspray, used to have their shampoo and conditioner, and I have their hair curling gel. (Which I forgot to photograph.)

My actual routine goes like this:
I take a shower usually every other day, unless I have some reason to take one every day.
I leave my shampoo in for several minutes, and also leave in my conditioner for several minutes. After I get out, I sometimes comb my hair and put in the frizz stuff from Herbal Essences, and the split ends mender. Usually after my shower I either put up my hair in a messy bun with bobby pins, or just leave it down to do whatever it wants. I'm quite good at working with my OWN hair, but other people's hair? Not so much.
So that's my normal hair routine!
Recently got my daddies old film camera working again. Now we just have to find somewhere to develop film! Meanwhile, it's serving as a great window sill decoration next to my cactus and Justin Bieber barbie doll.



Josie Hope

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that you have a Justin Bieber barbie doll. is he one that sings? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teeheee. He is NOT. ..but he has an oh-so-hott guitar. ;)

    ReplyDelete