Saturday, April 16, 2011

Guest Post: 'The Everyday Stage Face'

Friends, followers, lend me your ears....uhh...eyes.

I'm Anna from The Adventures of Quadropus, and the lovely ladies here at the Dressing Room Door were kind enough to let me be a guest blogger!

I don't know if you're like me, but I hate putting on makeup, it's a tedious process, and frankly, I don't like the feel of it on my face. But, I'm a thespian, or stage actress, if you will, so most of the time-I have to wear makeup. However, makeup for the stage is usually much more dramatic than your everyday wear, because the point of it is to keep you from looking washed out under the lights. But, I've really only learned how to put on my 'stage face'. So, I've altered it just a bit for my everyday wear, because well-it's all I know how to do, hehehe.

Today, I'm going to share with you all of my secrets. Okay, well not all of them. But here is my 'Everyday Stage Face', my pretties.

1. Start out with a clean, freshly washed face. Your skin is your canvas, and you always want to start out with a clean canvas.

2. I use Neutrogena SkinClearing (oil-free makeup) Blemish treatment as my foundation. It's awesome because instead of clogging your pores, it actually helps to clean them out, and when you take this off at the end of the day (or after curtain call), your skin feels silky smooth.

I put a little onto a sponge wedge (which you can buy at most any store.) And then I dab a little bit onto my "problem areas", mostly my chin, nose, top of my cheeks, and my forehead. Then I rub it into the rest of my face with my fingertips. Make sure it's all even, you don't want to look blotchy.


3. Add just a little more of the foundation to the sponge wedge and gently rub underneath your eyes and onto your eyelids, then smooth it out with your fingertips, gently, Please do not poke your eyes out. They come in handy, sometimes.

This will get rid of any bags (if you have them) and make your entire face one color.

4. Next, I use Mineral Wear Talc-Free Powder, but any powder will do. And using a small brush, I rub it all over my face and neck, so there aren't any lines where the make up stops. This will make you look very pale. But do not fret, you're not done yet! *Hehe...I guess I'm a poet too...*



5. Next I use a double-sided blush brush, with one side that is smaller.



Using the smaller side, I dot the blush across the tops of my cheeks, and then, I pull it down making a comma (or an apostrophe, if you prefer) from the apple of my cheeks down to my chin with blush. I like to use CoverGirl "cheekers" TRU PLM, but your favorite blush will do just fine. Make sure you don't get too much blush on the brush, or else you'll look like a clown. It's only meant to add a little bit of color.

6. Add a little eye-liner and mascara (and some eye shadow, if you wish) and you're good to go!

7. For a more dramatic look, like what I wear on stage, just make the blush and mascara a little heavier.


If you made it all the way through that without getting bored, and you survived all my lame jokes, I applaud you. Take a bow, my friends.

If you have any questions regarding this tutorial or anything theater related, or really anything at all, you can email me at thequadropus@gmail.com

Thank you, lovelies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment