Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Season of Tights and Headbands

As most of the other girls on The Dressing Room Door, I too am in love with the season autumn.  From the warm tones to the comfy sweaters and opaque tights, I am head over heels for fall.  Let me show you what I mean.

 I adore red.  It's most definitely my favorite color to wear.  Burgundy is even better. I've had this dress forever, and I just rediscovered it this morning while getting ready for church. Paired it with black tights, a belt, a crocheted headband, and boots that are who knows how old.  I love the dress' capped sleeves and almost turtleneck collar.

The shoes are my latest love.  They're vintage and absolutely amazing. They lace up through the ankles and have the witch-like pointed toe. I adore them. And if they weren't so uncomfortable I'd probably wear them with everything. Well. I'll probably end up wearing them with everything anyway.


They are very old, and the leather's cracked and the laces are frayed. But I think the vintageness makes me love them even more.



Dress - Thrifted? Or gift, I can't remember
Belt - Kohl's
Tights - Target
Headband - Crocheted by my mother
Shoes - Vintage, via Goodwill
Nail polish - Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in the color 90, Brilliant Bordeaux


That's it for today, lovelies.  I promise to have that last installment of Back to the Basics up in a few days. I've been drowning in papers and science experiments.  So here's an OOTD to make sure you don't think I've fallen off the face of the planet. ;)

What's your favorite fall color? :)

xx,
Emilyann

3 comments:

  1. I love it! :) The shoes are great!

    I actually put on tights, a dress, and a headband for church this morning too. It was super cute and I was so excited...and then my family decided that we weren't going to go to church. So, basically, a wasted cute day. Don't you hate those?!

    But this is adorable. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the boots! Very awesome. And you're just so gorgeous. Love the outfit, and you. <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. l.o.v.e it! so cute! I'm so jealousss! haha

    ReplyDelete