For now, I thought I'd come to you with a great product recommendation!
In the summer, I don't like to wear a full face of foundation. It sweats off, and I have to spend a lot of time working on it every morning so that it doesn't look cakey. So, I tried tinted moisturizer, but I couldn't find one that had good enough coverage.
What to do... what to do...?
So, of course, I went to YouTube. A lot of the "beauty gurus" that I watch wear something called BB cream. Finally, one of my favorite gurus did a video on it and talked about her favorite kinds and what it is.
The BB stands for "Blemish Balm," though it's also called "Beblesh Balm" for reasons I don't understand. I picked up, on Amazon, a BB cream after looking at reviews on Makeup Alley.
I bought this one: Super79 Super+ Beblesh Balm. And let me tell you.... this is a miracle product.
I've been using it for a little over a week, and I'm really impressed. I was worried at first, because when I put it on, it was a little bit gray-ish and made me look ghoulish. But after sitting on my skin for a minute, it oxidized to my skin-tone and matched perfectly.
My skin's tone and texture is already more even and less red, even after I take it off at night. It stays on all day long, and has amazing coverage. At the same time, it's light and it actually makes my skin look dewy, which is a miracle because my skin is incredibly dry.
I definitely recommend BB cream to all of you readers. It's great for those who are new to makeup, but it's good enough for people who prefer thicker coverage.
- Great packaging
- A little goes a LONG way
- Great coverage
- Perfects my skin over time
- Reduces redness, especially around mouth and nose
- Cheaper than a lot of high-quality foundations. (Mine was $9.99)
- Would be too light for people with darker skin tones. It's for fair-to medium tones.
- You have to let it sit for a minute before you can put on any powdered products like bronzer, because the bronzer becomes streaky if you haven't let it dry. It's not a big problem though because I just do my eye makeup while it sets.
Over all, I definitely recommend BB cream! I purchased this with my own money and am not being sponsored by this particular brand... they don't know who I am. :)
Have a great day!